Experience the ARCADE 3D audio codec on your computer!
We are very pleased to announce the update of the ARCADE Tech Preview DAW plugins to version 2.1.0, now available for macOS and Windows! Consisting of three VST/AAX plugins, the ARCADE Tech Preview suite is still available for free!
What’s new in 2.1.0?
- Added Windows (8.1 or higher) support
- Added First-Order and Second-Order Ambisonics output formats in the ARCADE Decoder plugin
- Removed VST3 plug-in format, because of channel layout issues with current DAW implementations
- Updated binaural rendering HRTF database
- Improved binaural rendering spatial resolution
Key ARCADE features:
Transmits full 3D audio scenes over stereo channels
Supports most input formats:
- Channel-based: Auro-3D, Surround
- Scene-based: Ambisonics
Supports further stereo compression codecs: MP3, AAC, OGG Vorbis, OGG Opus…
Supports multiple, simultaneous decoding formats:
- Binaural (personalised, head tracked)
- 1st and 2nd order Ambisonics
- Auro-3D, Auro-Max, Atmos, NHK 22.2, all surround formats (not included in this tech preview)
Stereo-compatibility: ARCADE-encoded audio can still be played back on standard stereo devices and compressed with audio compression algorithms.
Key ARCADE Tech Preview features:
Free VST and 64-bit AAX plugins for macOS and Windows
Includes the FOA panner, the ARCADE Encoder, and the ARCADE Decoder (Binaural, FOA FuMa, FOA AmbiX, SOA SN3D ACN).
You can download the installer at the bottom of this page.