Experience the ARCADE 3D audio codec on your computer!
We are very pleased to announce the update of Tech Preview DAW plugins to version 2.0.0, with improved encoding and binaural rendering quality. Consisting of three VST/AAX plugins for macOS, the ARCADE Tech Preview suite is still available for free!
What’s new in 2.0.0?
- Previously missing low frequencies are now handled by the codec
- Encoded stereo stream: more balanced diffuseness
- Decoded stream: deeper and more balanced diffuseness
- Binaural rendering HRTF database updated
- Binaural rendering spatial resolution improved
- Binaural rendering hemispherical mode added
Key ARCADE features:
Transmits full 3D audio scenes over stereo channels
Supports most input formats:
Channel-based: Auro-3D, Surround
Supports further stereo compression codecs: MP3, AAC, OGG Vorbis, OGG Opus…
Supports multiple, simultaneous decoding formats:
Binaural (personalised, head tracked)
Auro-3D, Auro-Max, Atmos, NHK 22.2, all surround formats (not included in this tech preview)
Stereo-compatibility: ARCADE-encoded audio can still be played back on standard stereo devices and compressed with audio compression algorithms.
Key ARCADE Tech Preview features:
Free VST, VST3 and 64-bit AAX plugins for macOS
Includes the FOA panner, the ARCADE Encoder, and the ARCADE Decoder+binaural
You can download the installer at the bottom of this page.